Ephesians 2:1-6 (KJV)
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
I love the past, present and future tenses in this portion of the Bible.
- Quickened, it’s done
- Were dead, not now
- Ye walked, but that was in times past
- We all had our conversation, no more
- Were by nature, we have a new nature
- He loved us, and His love acted
- Raised us up together, it’s already happened
- That now worketh, Satan isn’t finished
- God is rich in mercy, praise the Lord
- Ye are saved, not future, right now
- Made us sit, God sees us as already seated in heavenly places
- It is implied, if God sees us raised and seated in heavenly places, we can be assured it will come to pass.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 4000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
Ephesians 2:1-6 Past, Present and Future
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.