Leviticus 6:29 (KJV)
All the males among the priests shall eat thereof: it is most holy.
The phrase, “it is most holy” is oft repeated in these chapters of Leviticus. It occurred to me in this reading to ask, “Why?”
- There is nothing intrinsic in the thing to make it holy
- The very same thing, in a different setting is just a thing.
- There is no ubiquitous law of nature that confirms it is holy
- The only people to have thought this holy is Israel
- There is no external evidence to prove it to be holy
- It would have looked the same in any setting
The only thing that makes the thing most holy is that God said it was most holy.
As our world progresses people are becoming bolder in trying those norms that have been held as holy:
- The sanctity of marriage
- That marriage is between a man and woman
- That it is God who made us male and female
Why are these so?
- Some past Cultures have not practiced them
- Those who believed them have not perfectly obeyed them
- More and more modern civilizations challenge them.
What makes these things holy? Just one thing, and it is all that is necessary; they are holy because God said.
 Three times in chapter six, nine times in the book of Leviticus.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3900 earlier Daily Visits with God visit http://bit.ly/18XDiAs. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
Leviticus 6:29 Because God Said
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.