1 Kings 1:49-50 (KJV)
And all the guests that were with Adonijah were afraid, and rose up, and went every man his way.
And Adonijah feared because of Solomon, and arose, and went, and caught hold on the horns of the altar.
In this case Solomon is a type of Christ and Adonijah is a type of any antiChrist. Adonijah was not the chosen one to be the king After David but he wanted the role. Without authority of his father and in total arrogance he set himself up as the next man to be followed. His methods were misleading enough that he deceived many into following him.
But followers do not the next king make. David obeyed the will of God and set Solomon as the rightful king. When those who had followed Adonijah heard that, they feared and fled.
Multitudes today are blindly following those who have no authority from God:
- A religion that is of antiChrist
- A church that is not Scriptural
- A leader who has presumed upon the authority of God and stepped outside of the parameters of God’s Word
Those followers and their leader might exhibit the same confidence of Adonijah and his crowd but it won’t last. There is only one rightful king; it is Jesus Christ. In God’s own time Christ will set up His own throne and those like Adonijah and his followers will be forced to flee.
Don’t make their mistake.
- Trust Christ alone as your Saviour
- Find and unite with a sound Baptist church
- Study the Bible and stay within its teachings
- Don’t be led astray by a smooth talking antiChrist and
- Stay true to Jesus Christ until He calls for you
To my reader:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
1 Kings 1:49-50 (KJV) Followers Do Not a King Make
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.