Matthew 28:1 (KJV)
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
In order that Scripture be fulfilled Jesus must be in the grave three days and three nights. That is an impossibility unless He was crucified, as I believe He was, on Wednesday.
- For three days and three nights His disciples lived in depression, loss and confusion.
- For three days and three nights the Sanhedrin held their breath. Had they successfully eliminated their threat?
- For three days and three nights the Roman soldiers watched in confidence. They had killed this troublemaker.
- For three days and three nights Satan rejoiced in His evident victory.
The prophecy, in order to be fulfilled, requires three days and three nights. The message Jesus had promised them was three days and three nights.
But not a moment longer.
The fate of eternal souls rested on what happened next. The jeers of the mockers, the sneers of the Devil and the fears of the disciples would be settled the first minute the prophecy was fulfilled. The Bible says, “As it began to dawn toward the first day.” The second the promise was fulfilled, the moment He had finished the business of the grave
- The earth quaked
- The stone rolled away and
- Jesus rose
The confidence of the Roman soldiers melted, the devil was sent scrambling to come up with a new lie. The women were comforted. The Apostles were sent for and the world was turned upside down.
- No more would the blood of bulls and goats sweep sin under the carpet for a year or so
- No more would burdened souls fear what lies beyond the grave
- No more would Satan have victory over sin and death
- Glorified and
Alive forever more.
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
Matthew 28:1 Jesus Rose
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.