Exodus 13:3 (KJV)
And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
Paul said there were some things Christians ought to forget:
- We ought to forget the sins that God has forgiven
- We ought to forget offenses committed against us
- We ought to forget those things that are glories of the flesh (prideful accomplishments)
- We ought to forget those blunders that we think prevent us from coming boldly to the throne of grace
Having acknowledged that there are some things we should forget, there are also some things we should work at remembering:
- We ought to remember the day we got saved
- We ought to remember our public profession of faith
- We ought to remember the price of our salvation
- We ought to remember the promises and vows we have made before the Lord.
God told Israel to plan for this memory through a yearly celebration, to speak about this memory to their children and to mark this memory by going to the place God has given us (in our case, His church).
I would suggest that if we actively work at remembering these things it would be much easier to forget about the other things.
Philippians 3:13 (KJV)
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4600 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
Exodus 13:3 Remember
photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.