Ephesians 5:10 KJV
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
We prove those things that are acceptable unto the Lord by practicing them, by doing them and thus observing their resulting consequences.
Gill writes, “There are many things that are acceptable to God, as
- the person of Christ,
- his righteousness, sacrifice, sufferings, death, and mediation;
- the persons of his people,
- their services, sufferings, sacrifices of prayer, and praise to him, and of bounty and liberality to the poor;
- their graces, and the exercise of them; and
- the actions of their lives and conversations, when they are becoming the Gospel, are according to the will of God, and are done in faith, and are directed to his glory:
… are acceptable to God…”
By walking as children of light we become an experiment serving to test, try and prove those things that are acceptable unto God.