2 Timothy 3:10-11 KJV
But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
Paul, sitting in a prison cell, rehearses to Timothy the places he experienced persecution and afflictions:
Timothy was fully aware of all that Paul had endured and how he had endured them. Paul’s interest here was to testify that the Lord had delivered him; not from some or even most of those persecutions. Paul said the Lord had delivered him out of all of them.
The obvious message for Timothy and for you and me is that the Lord will do the same for you and for me.
- We will endure persecutions
- We will experience afflictions
- We will experience these things in multiple places
- We may even experience death as a matter of our faith
But we may expect the Lord’s deliverance out of all of them.
- There may be deliverance from the persecution and affliction
- There may be deliverance through the persecution and affliction
- There will always be deliverance as death translates us to eternal heaven.
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/T0US1C6RE?mID=6311. This program is free to you. Receive a free one month membership upgrade after signing up by pasting the promo code PP153-ZYUPWKSNM in your redeem voucher area.