1 Peter 2:6 (KJV)
Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
This world can be a confusing place. Relationships can be confusing:
- Livelihoods can be confusing
- Politics can be confusing
- Moral positions can be confusing
- Finding purpose and meaning can be confusing
- Questions of eternal consequence can be confusing
The Bible here tells us how to clear out the confusion. It is in believing on Christ. But be careful. To many this is a spiritual technicality. They believe that they believe in Christ and therefore have honored this text and yet they still find their lives are confused. The passage says “believe on Him.” That is:
- to put faith in him
- to trust him
- to lean on him
There is a chasm that stands between saying, “I believe in Jesus” and truly trusting Jesus.
- When I trust him I believe him concerning relationship issues such as my place in marriage or in raising children
- When I trust him I believe his message about moral issues regardless of what others say and do
- When I trust him I believe him in issues of calling and purpose for life
- When I trust him I know that no man cometh unto the father except by him
1 Peter 2:3 Clearing Up Confusion
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program is free to you. Send me you e-mail and I will send you a free one month VIP upgrade.