Acts 10:6 (KJV)
He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.
God told Cornelius that there was a man who would tell him, “..what thou oughtest to do.“
- He would not tell him what he had to do.
- He would not tell him what others thought he should do.
- He would not tell him what the philosophers and scholars suggested he do.
He would tell him what he ought to do.
Peter’s words would come not from books or traditions handed down from Judaism. Peter’s words would come from:
- His three years experience with Jesus,
- His own understanding of the Word of God and
- His anointing with the Holy Spirit of God
Very few people like to be told what to do but everyone needs a preacher to tell them what they ought to do.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others
Acts 10:6 What We Ought To Do
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.