Galatians 6:14 (KJV)
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
This is one of the most powerful, favorite verses we all know in the Bible. God help us that we, like Paul, glory only in the cross of Christ!
- No other Person is worthy of glory
- We are certainly not worthy of glory
- No other event in world history is worthy of glory
But notice the context of the verse.
For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
There was a group who attempted to lure that Galatian believers into their camp, their doctrine; into their churches if you will.
- They would have gloried in the “victory” of converting them away from the churches Paul had planted.
- They would have gloried in the growth of their own congregations.
- They would have gloried in the effectiveness of their influence.
- They would have gloried in the power of their preaching.
Paul chose only to glory in the cross of Christ.
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4600 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
Galatians 6:14 Glory in the Cross
photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.