Matthew 12:5 (KJV)
Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
The Bible says, and Jesus endorsed it as true, that the priest doing what was unlawful outside the Temple on the Sabbath, was blameless doing the very same thing inside the Temple.
- We who have been born again are priests made so by Christ
- We, who have been born again dwell in the Temple which is the body of Christ therefore
- We who have been born again are blameless before God.
This is not to say we are excused from righteous living. The Bible does not allow for even the existence of a person being righteous before God who isn’t anxious to live out that righteousness in life. This is a picture instead of the difference between the lost and the saved.
- For the lost, even his acts of righteousness condemn him.
- For the saved even his lapses into the old nature cannot condemn him
To my reader:
What a blessing to be blameless in the eyes of the Lord! Tell me, have you come to Christ and received from Him that salvation which He promises? I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
Matthew 12:5 (KJV) Are You Blameless?
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free. Email me for a free one month VIP membership.