Nehemiah 13:31 (KJV)
And for the wood offering, at times appointed, and for the firstfruits. Remember me, O my God, for good.
I imagine by the time Nehemiah had finished, there was almost no one happy with him.
- He had offended Sanballat and Tobiah
- He had fought off those who tried to stop the work
- He had confronted those who had married outside the faith
- He had opposed those who had charged usury
- He had rejected those who had no clear heritage as Levites
- He had forced out the Moabites and Ammonites
- He had locked the doors and driven off those who wished to buy and sell on the Sabbath
The book ends with the words, “Remember me, O my God, for good.”
A person who wishes to follow the Lord must be content to be remembered for good by God. It might be no one else will.
To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824
Donate to our cause of “Reaching a world of souls with the Word of God.”
For this and, more than 6000 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books, and other resources, are available at:
Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more
Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give.